17 March 2012

Think Spring Forward Sucked Before?

Trapped.
I've been sleep deprived for 5 years now. No surprise to anyone, not even me. I expected to be tired when I had a baby, all the websites tell you so. What I didn't expect was to feel relieved, even refreshed, when I got to sleep in until 7am.

All that sleep goes out the window with daylight savings time change. This whole week has been a disaster of slept-through alarms, tired kids and missed appointments.

I used to love the extra daylight hours signaled by "Spring Forward."

The only person who seems to have it under control is Dear A. Not only is she appearing 5 minutes earlier than usual, she's also the only one that doesn't run around like a chicken with its head cut off as the clock ticks down to departure time.

I expected a lot of things when I had kids. I didn't expect to start hating Spring Forward.

PS - Yes, that's me, trapped under a sleeping baby. I know I'm not the only one who's resigned themselves to an awkward sleep position just to get 5 more minutes. There's a lot of truth to this cartoon: Crappy Pictures: Sleeping or Not Sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails