28 April 2010

Hump Day Distraction - Online Reading List

Post Earth Day and as we face another tax bill, I'm feeling kind of non-consumerist (and cheap.) So, instead of online shopping today, I'm going to share a few of the sites I visit regularly for parenting lifestyle info:

lilsugar.com - I won't lie, I stumbled upon this while reading gossip on their sister site popsugar.com, but now I check lilsugar first. Its a great site for stories, products, and kid-related news articles.

parentdish.com - Similar to lilsugar, but parentdish extends to older kids and has great tips like games to play, recipes etc.

dinnerwithjulie.com - Julie doesn't offer parenting advice. What she does do is share a slice of her life, as a busy mom, journalist, cook and radio personality. Her recipes are deliciously approachable and her blog feels like your having a conversation with a neighbour or old school friend.

Lastly, I suggest Twitter. Yup, I'm on it. You can find me @shosized. If I can do it, so can you. Its a great way to catch up on the world in a few minutes. I follow a number of savvy moms, businesspeople, and locals, and hear about everything from closed LRT stations to the latest restaurant opening.

Happy surfing!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Aw, sniff. You're too sweet! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails