24 March 2010

Hump Day Distraction - Bookshelf Paintings

Today's distraction is an artist I first saw when she was featured on the 20x200 website.*

Jane Mount's drawing instantly transported me to my happy memories of reading the books she had drawn so perfectly. I immediately purchased a limited edition print for K's room. A few months later, with two baby showers impending, I looked up her work and purchased two more prints for friends. And its not just baby books, there are shelves of cook books, existentialist prose, and Ms Mount also does custom paintings. See more of her work on her website.

*I guess its a double distraction today, because you could also spend time checking out the 20x200 project. 20x200 is the brainchild of a NY gallery owner who wanted to see high-quality artwork become accessible and affordable. They release limited edition prints weekly, 200 for $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails